Topics for Your Research Paper for History
Although it is about the past, there is much to learn from history. This is one reason why history teachers often assign research papers in their class so that students can take a really close look at important events or historical figures in the country or other nations.
Choosing your topic
Picking a topic, however, can be tricky for some. Firstly, not everybody likes history, as some people may be more interested in the present than in the past. If you have the same idea, it may be good to reflect upon any issues in your past history classes that you were somehow interested in. You can then choose something you like from among them. Another choice is to consider any past historical movies or TV documentaries that caught your eye. The idea is to pick something you like so that the process is not boring for you.
Secondly, limit your paper’s issue to something less than 100 years. The research will be difficult if you view everything that occurred. Some incidents have repercussions that go beyond 100 years, so choose wisely.
Topics to consider
But should you still be confused about what to pick after wracking your brain, you can consider some of the following as topics for your history research paper.
- Martin Luther King Jr’s impact on freedom
- Susan B. Anthony’s impact on women’s rights
- Florence Nightingale’s influence on nursing
- Martin Luther’s effect on the church
- Joseph’s Stalin’s influence on Russia
- Mahatma Gandhi’s impact on freedom
- Corazon Aquino’s impact on democracy
- Shaka Zulu’s impact on Africa’s south
- Emperor Hirohito’s impact on Japan and Asia
- Frieda Kahlo’s impact on art
- The impact of Nelson Mandela
- Emperor Nero’s impact on Christianity
- How great was Alexander the Great
- Michelangelo’s influence on art
- The rise of Kublai Khan
- The travels of Dr. Livingstone
Interesting Periods and Events
- The samurai feudal period of Japan
- The impact of the Cold War era
- How did the fall of the Berlin Wall affect Eastern Europe
- How did piracy affect the struggle for power in Europe
- Did the conquistadores help or hurt Latin America?
- The Polynesian voyages
- How the spice trade affected China
- The development of Australia
- How did the Olympics influence the ancient world?
- The great artists of the Renaissance
- The cause of the Dark Ages
- The effect of the Black Death on Europe
- How did the British Empire collapse
- How did the Spanish Empire collapse
- The impact of code-breaking in World War 2
- The importance of religion in colonization
- The British Monarchy’s influence in the 20th century
- How did the hippie culture come about
- The impact of the opium trade
- How powerful was the Pope in medieval times
- The rise and fall of tulips in the Netherlands
- The building of the pyramids of Egypt
There are a lot of interesting topics to learn and share in history. Hopefully, the suggestions above can be of help. If not, feel free to tweak them to what you need. Happy researching!